Sunday, June 10, 2012

Last night was restless, Its always hard for me to get to sleep on Sunday night.  I woke up at or in reality blinked and it was 0345.  I laced up my trail shoes and walked over to my lot, I had to check to ensure all our gear was secure.  The Physical Fitness Test began at 0500, I knew I was out of shape due to my plans never being put into action.  After pull ups and crunches the run kicked off, I only had a small drawing of the course to judge my pace.  I started out at a decent pace of around 7 minutes but knew to my limited conditioning I wouldn't be able to maintain it.  I made the half way point in 11 minutes, and defiantly slowed on the second half. I finished in 23:15.  I am not all that disappointed with the results considering I have not been running.  I will run the same course tomorrow and allow my body to guide my speed, occasionally I might run farther or shorter.  This is the beginning not of a plan but a journey towards a future goal, a life change, a new chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment